Being a Marina Mum is not for the faint hearted. You need a certain kind of spunk to “absolutely love” living here – it’s like being in the middle of the most ‘funnest’ place on Earth. Marina Living is synonymous with an outdoorsy life mixed with apartment living. You get your money’s worth by being able to enjoy the beach, pool, fountains, the Marina & 7km track all in one walk! Dubai Marina is perfect for those who have the zest for life to switch from A.M. to P.M. in a matter of seconds.
I opened this question out to the 4,500 members of the Dubai Marina Mums group, to ask them what they felt it was like to live in the Marina, to be a Marina Mum! Some of the best ones are posted here…so here goes.
You know you’re a Marina Mum when…
– You’re used to some of the world’s best firework displays views from your balcony or windows, the best of course, being the New Year’s Eve extravaganza on JBR beach (with your baby mastering the art of sleeping through it all!) Plus the 30 days continuous one at the shopping festival and both the Eid’s!
– Your weekend entails going for an early brekkie, then beach, then pool and then maybe a date night , all without ever having to sit in a car.
– You don’t bat an eyelid if you see 25 people falling out from an aeroplane with parachutes, because of SkyDive next door.
– When you’re invited to check out a new 5-star hotel pool with your family and you’re reply is ‘meh’. True story!
– When the thought of socialising anywhere other than Pier 7 or JBR on a Thursday night sends a chill down your spine.
– When you don’t need to make a mani/pedi appointment because you know at least one of the ten salons in your strip of buildings will have a space available.
– When looking out of your window you get a view of the beach, the parachutes, the Marina, the yachts, the buzzing traffic on SZR and an occasional helicopter, all in one go.
– When some of the best nurseries for your kids are literally yards away.
– When you buy a bicycle instead of a car, because everything is close by (true story).
– When your calender is marked for the year with guests and friends’ visits booked well in advance.
– When your daughter tells people she lives in a tower just like Rapunzel.
– When your kids’ friends are from Rimal, Bahar and Sadaf and not from UK, USA or India.
– When venturing out to Dubai Mall is considered a road trip.
– When you’ve mastered the art of getting an entire grocery shop, from your car parked in the basement of your building, in and out of an elevator and to your front door.
– When you can rattle off all the cool places to visit, eat, party and experience, depending on your visitor’s demographic and intention of visit (including options for best nights out and vouchers).
– When most of the mums are connected to each other by logging on to the Dubai Marina Mums, and you can recognise a fellow mum from her profile pic on the group! Many familar faces in Marina Mall, and you can connect with a mum in the same building who’s the same age as your kids at the click of a button! Ask, Support, Share!